Few dishes do as good a job of keeping you warm in winter as soup. This comforting broccoli and stilton soup is packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, takes minutes to prepare and is guaranteed to give you a boost when the going gets cold.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Handful of spinach
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp stilton, crumbled
- 1tbsp toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the broccoli, spinach and stock, and bring to the boil.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and blend until smooth.
- Serve with the crumbled stilton and toasted almonds on top.
RECOMMENDED: Warming, Nutritous Three Sisters Soup Recipe